B. Bayles Mack has practiced law in his hometown of Fort Mill since 1960, when he joined his father to form Mack & Mack, Attorneys. His emphasis is on real estate law, with a specialty in eminent domain, where he assists clients in condemnation proceedings. Bayles also handles business law, as well as municipal and government law issues.
Bayles served as Attorney for the Town of Fort Mill from 1969 through 2014, when his son Barry took over the post. Bayles also served 4 separate terms as Commissioner of the State Highway Commission, now known as the South Carolina Department of Transportation, from 1979-2004.
Bayles is a proud grandfather to seven grandchildren. Bayles enjoys spending his spare time in North Myrtle Beach, where he is a member of the Myrtle Beach Living Legends and South Carolina Shaggers Hall of Fame.
Areas of Practice
- Corporations Law 15%
- Real Property 50%
- Municipal & Governmental Law 35%
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1960
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1960
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- LL.B. – 1960
- Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina
- B.S. – 1956
- Town of Fort Mill
- Catawba Indian Nation
- AME, Inc.
- Clear Springs Development Company
- Atrium Health
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Investors Title Insurance Company
Professional Associations and Memberships
- U.S. Army Reserve, Captain, 1968 to 1968
- State Hwy. Commission, Commissioner, 1979 to 1983
- State Hwy. Commission, Commissioner, 1987 to 1991
- State Hwy. Commission, Commission, 1992 to 1996
- State Hwy. Commission, Commissioner, 2000 to 2004
Past Employment Positions
- Congressman Tom Gettys, Administrative Asst., 1964 to 1965
- York County, Magistrate, 1969 to 1970
- City of Fort Mill, City Attorney, 1969 to 2014